Full time, permanent post
Teachers Main Scale to UPS3
King Offa Primary Academy is looking for a talented teacher to join our dedicated and motivated staff team from September 2023.
We are keen to recruit:
- A talented class-teacher, for either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2.
- Someone who is committed, dedicated and enthusiastic about teaching and improving standards and outcomes for the children who come to our school.
- A professional who has high standards of themselves and the pupils whom they teach including the pupils around the whole school.
- A candidate who will work well as part of a team and who is determined to continually improve their practice.
- A teacher who will work hard and loves working with children and their families.
In return, teachers working at King Offa Primary Academy benefit from:
- A comprehensive induction programme.
- Bespoke CPD opportunities to help you develop as a teacher.
- A well-resourced school and classrooms.
- Specialist teachers to support the delivery of an outstanding curriculum.
- Well behaved children who are motivated to learn.
- A supportive environment that will allow you to be your best.
At King Offa, we are committed to supporting all our staff on their individual professional journeys by providing developmental opportunities, sharing ideas and experiences with other schools within our Academy Trust and offering high levels of support and training.
King Offa school has been at the heart of its community for over a hundred years and is a well recognised landmark in Bexhill. The building provides spacious classrooms and an inviting environment for pupils and staff to work together and learn within. Outside we have extensive playground space; an outdoor covered classroom area; a large field and a swimming pool which is used in the Summer term to provide opportunities for every child in the school to learn to swim.
Children at King Offa are provided with high-quality learning. Outstanding provision means that pupils are engaged and demonstrate high levels of motivation, resilience, empathy, enquiry and are happy to take risks.
Our recently redesigned curriculum ensures that our teaching actively engages pupils to deepen and embed key concepts and skills as well as the transfer of knowledge across the curriculum.
We work in partnership with Hackney Learning Trust to deliver Daily Supported Reader and Destination Reader and have invested in Reading Recovery and BRP (Boosting readers @ primary) as an integral part of our approach to reading. In addition, we teach phonics from nursery using the Ruth Miskin Read Write Inc programme.
We have adopted a mastery approach to the teaching of mathematics where we follow White Rose Maths schemes of learning to ensure a coherent, consistent approach to maths is adopted in all year groups. Importantly we focus on allowing opportunities for our pupils to explore concrete, pictorial and abstract approaches to maths.
Sussex Music School works closely with our school to build a culture of music from within and provide high quality curriculum music. Our children have the opportunity to learn to play recorder, ukulele and drums within lessons, and private instrumental lessons are also available. Our expert teachers support community events such as Summer sing and Big Sing all held at our local De La Warr pavilion.
We are working with REAL PE to deliver an inclusive PE curriculum which creates habits and develops essential behaviours, physical literacy, emotional and thinking skills in every child.
King Offa Primary Academy & Nursery is part of Aurora Academies Trust. Our seven schools spanning nursery, primary and secondary provision are all judged to be good or better by Ofsted.
We would recommend a visit to the school where you will receive a very warm welcome. To arrange a visit, please contact Office Manager, Susan Courtnell by emailing email@example.com or calling 01424 211 548.
For further details on the role can de downloaded from the links below. For further details on the school, please visit https://www.kingoffaprimaryacademy.org
Please email completed application forms to Business Manager, Maria Gonet by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 24th May (midday)
Interview date: Thursday 25th May
37.5hrs per week, term time only
ESCC single status grade 2, scale 4 £22,366 pro rata
King Offa Nursery is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and energetic practitioner to join our Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' nursery team.
We are looking for:
- A full time, term time only member of staff
- A practitioner who is committed to providing the very best opportunities for our children
- A team member with good communication skills and a clear vision for excellence
- A qualified Nursery Practitioner Level 3 or Level 2
We can offer:
- An exceptional, bespoke and outstanding learning environment
- Plenty of training and support
- Forest school training for the right candidate
- The opportunity to work collaboratively within our network of nurseries
- A role within a team that is committed to providing the best learning opportunities for children
- The opportunity to work alongside colleagues from King Offa School as part of our Foundation Village
Further details on the role can be downloaded following the links below.
Visits to the nursery are welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact email@example.com
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 19th May 2023, midday
Interview date: w/c 22nd May 2023
Aurora Academies Trust is committed to the safeguarding of pupils and we follow safer recruitment practice. References will be taken up prior to interview and an enhanced criminal records bureau check will be made prior to appointment.